- Please ensure you have adequate ropes and fenders to suffice through our winter storms.
- All shore power leads/connections onboard must be maintained and checked prior to leaving a vessel plugged in throughout the winter. Meters must be present unless on a Standard Charge tariff?
- Any covers that may need removing due to bad weather must be done so before departing your vessel or tied well down to sustain through the bad weather.
- Sails that will not be getting used throughout the winter season are best removed, to prevent them opening unexpectedly in adverse weather conditions.
- Vessels afloat for the winter, that plan to be sailed etc may leave the sails on. We do ask however, that these are well secured when not in use and a few wraps of the sheets are around headsails.
- Where possible it is good practice to leave a spare set of keys with the marina reception so we can attend to any issues onboard if needed.
- The same applies as above with the winter afloat period before your lift out and then again once back in the water.
- If vessels engines have been winterised before a lift out, please let our marina reception know so this information can be passed onto the yard team if the customer is not going to be present.
- Any tows that are required to and from the hoist pier will be charged at a minimum of £60.00.
- All sails must be removed prior to lift out to ensure maximum safety when on the hard standing.
- Booms Must be off before lifting out
- Sprayhood Covers need to be well tied down. No Full boat covers when on a Cradle
- Receipt of a letter/Email from the vessel insurer accepting liability ashore with mast standing on a kip cradle
- Masts left Step MUST be confirmed by Boat Owners Insurance, if not covered then let the Marina team know to remove the mast.
- Shore power connections must have a visible meter unless on a standard charge tariff. Please where possible can these meters be installed in line at the box to minimise staff climbing slippery ladders.
- When working on your vessel on the hard standing, please be mindful of where your car is parked. We have heavy machinery operating 7 days a week and you may be required to move it at short notice.
- At no point are you allowed to dry sand antifoul unless prior arrangement is made with the marina management. This is to protect all customers and staff.
- Any vessels requiring sand blasting/antifoul removal must please make the marina aware of this so we can position your vessels appropriately
Mast stepping and un-stepping:
- All sails to be removed prior to the mast being un-stepped.
- Booms must be off before lifting out
- Electrics are to all be disconnected.
- Where possible split pins removed for turn buckles and rigging eased off slightly to ensure smooth, efficient removal of the mast.
- Where rigging is being replaced or fixed, we need the rigger to be present or at a minimum the owner, where possible.
- Kip Marina purely supply crane hire, the safe removal and installation of your mast. We do not provide a rigging service or rig tensioning service.
- We will do our best to store your mast as close to your vessel as possible, however this may not always be possible.